Wednesday, July 8, 2009

'Memorial like a macabre circus' (The Sun)

Fearing wrath of dedicated Michael Jackson fans, my comments surrounding his demise have been limited. However when reading the Drudge Report this morning, this news item from a UK publication bolted from the pages and expressed my opinion, probably better than I could have stated myself.

For those of you who don't read 'The Sun,' here is that portion of its article which pretty much sums up yesterday's carnival-like display (highlights and emphasis are mine):

"AEG, Kentucky Fried Chicken, The Staples Center and Brooke Shields' career all received priceless PR adrenaline injections.

And a world record was broken for the most people wearing sunglasses indoors.

I did notice one fitting tribute to all the parasites who sucked money and life out of Jacko during his troubled life."

It was my intention to include a picture of this mourning ritual, but due to copyright laws, this was not possible.

Therefore, instead of an actual photo, let me just say, I haven't seen this many people sporting sunglasses (outside of Daytona Beach) since the Black Panthers pulled guard duty outside polling places on election day back in November when Barack Obama was sent on to victory.

One of the Jackson brothers (believe it might have been Jermaine, however with everyone wearing sunglasses, obviously appearing incognito, it was difficult to determine identity) was wearing a Jacko trademark 'glove.' Also fearing legal ramifications, I've included a reasonable facsimile of a 'similar glove,' in the upper right hand corner of this post.

Promise this will be the final blog entry you will see from your author on this subject. (Crossing fingers behind my back is difficult with only three fingers and a thumb)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed at this site, however content is subject to review when submission contains foul language or libelous/malicious remarks.